Finger crossed: Djokovic hopeful he can compete at U.S. Open

July 30 – Novak Djokovic said he is preparing for the U.S. Open as if he will be allowed to compete at the hardcourt major, despite his refusal to take the COVID-19 vaccine.

Djokovic, who has three U.S. Open titles, will not be able to participate in this year’s U.S. Open due to current rules under which travelers seeking to enter the U.S. have to be fully vaccinated and provide proof before boarding flights.

Earlier this month, the 35-year-old was included in the entry list for the Aug. 29-Sept. 11 Grand Slam in New York. read more

“I am preparing as if I will be allowed to compete while I await to hear if there is any room for me to travel to the U.S.,” Djokovic said in a post on Instagram and a video of him practicing.

Also Read: Russell stuns with pole breakthrough in Hungary

“Fingers crossed!”

More than 43,000 people have signed an online petition calling for the United States Tennis Association (USTA) to work with the U.S. government to allow 21-time major champion, Djokovic, to compete in the U.S. Open.

Djokovic won the Australian Open, French Open, and Wimbledon titles last year but could not defend his Melbourne Park crown this year after being deported from Australia over his vaccination status in January.

More News: Odegaard ‘proud and grateful’ after being named new Arsenal captain Read More…

The Serbian later said he was prepared to miss Grand Slam tournaments rather than take the COVID-19 vaccine.

Also read: Best Tips and Exercises for Weight Loss

1 thought on “Finger crossed: Djokovic hopeful he can compete at U.S. Open

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.