Summer Vegetables: Health Benefits and Nutrition Facts
Summer vegetables are not only delicious but also packed with essential nutrients and health benefits. Here are some popular summer vegetables along with their nutrition facts and the associated health benefits:
- Nutrition facts (per 100g): Calories: 18, Carbohydrates: 3.9g, Fiber: 1.2g, Vitamin C: 21mg, Vitamin A: 833IU.
- Health benefits: Tomatoes are rich in lycopene, a powerful antioxidant associated with a reduced risk of heart disease and certain cancers. They also provide vitamin C, which supports immune function and collagen production, and vitamin A, important for vision and skin health.
- Nutrition facts: Calories: 15, Carbohydrates: 3.6g, Fiber: 0.5g, Vitamin K: 16.4mcg, Vitamin C: 2.8mg.
- Health benefits: Cucumbers are low in calories and high in water content, making them hydrating. They also contain antioxidants and vitamin K, which is essential for blood clotting and bone health. Moreover, their high fiber content supports digestion.
- Nutrition facts: Calories: 17, Carbohydrates: 3.1g, Fiber: 1g, Vitamin C: 17.9mg, Vitamin A: 295IU.
- Health benefits: Zucchini is low in calories and carbohydrates while being a good source of vitamin C and fiber. It also contains antioxidants that help reduce inflammation and support eye health.
- Nutrition facts: Calories: 31, Carbohydrates: 6g, Fiber: 2.1g, Vitamin C: 127.7mg, Vitamin A: 1577IU.
- Health benefits: Bell peppers are rich in vitamin C, which boosts immunity and promotes collagen production. They also provide vitamin A, essential for eye health, and fiber for digestive health.
- Nutrition facts: Calories: 25, Carbohydrates: 6g, Fiber: 3g, Vitamin C: 2.2mg, Vitamin A: 22IU.
- Health benefits: Eggplant is low in calories and carbohydrates but high in fiber. It contains antioxidants that protect against cell damage and may help lower cholesterol levels. Eggplant also provides some essential minerals like potassium.
- Nutrition facts: Calories: 96, Carbohydrates: 21g, Fiber: 2g, Vitamin C: 6.8mg, Vitamin A: 187IU.
- Health benefits: Corn is a good source of carbohydrates, fiber, and antioxidants. It provides energy, supports digestion, and may help maintain healthy skin. Corn also contains certain B vitamins and minerals like iron and magnesium.
These nutrition facts may vary depending on the variety, size, and preparation of the vegetables. Incorporating these summer vegetables into your diet can contribute to a well-rounded, nutrient-rich eating plan.
Read More: Justin Bieber
2 thoughts on “Summer Vegetables: Health Benefits and Nutrition Facts”